Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sounds Thinking


friction factors
interest rate translates commitment
Does your pain inflame nostalgia, confounded
nonproductive pump. stumbling self-consciousness,
when I begin to breed confidence I will sell it for a dollar
and the blue eyed dude, whose eyes are turning white, sends a picture that says 
wait. the refrigerator is leaking. the house is peeling
revealing 

your future. Look! 
a snail on a unicycle,
bats on big-wheels. innocent insects?  

at least a little of the life force underfoot,
(crunch, captain.)
honk bzz & beep real life; you go on without me.
Beyond my shoulder, I create anti-masterpieces. 

a simple challenge from C brings my fingers to keys,
makes my mind work again in the old fashion.
Sitting at my desk 90,000 dollars in debt 

wandering weather,
(it’s such a chocolate world)
wondering whether 

I will ever say oh,
that’s who I am.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this. Mid-life and mortgage-scary words. Is the blue-eyed dude a reference to death? I don't know if we ever say, "Oh, that's who I am". "crunch, captain" made me smile.

    ReplyDelete