Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Theorist

you ask me to accept you
        what you are telling me
that presupposes a denial of
        what came before
asking me to blindly accept you
        what you are saying
asking me to admit
         I am powerless before
to release my tenuous hold on
        what I’ve come to believe

on which I retain such a tenuous grip
so that you may share the fear

of being powerless before
decisions were made
footage exists
records show

that I either erode my 
working world view that
The System is fucked

and my words don’t build anything
or restore anything broken

and you are so full
that you want to share
the wealth that you pay to have me
powerless on my knees

you would have
you and I
safe
don’t you feel like cryin’

man made is
grieving

dissemble
recombobulate
 now.
decisions were made
footage exists
records show
 bear in mind
remember
  be careful, Witness
  push your narrative
  push your book    
      in my face
present your findings
 offer a present
  hieroglyphs
bat them around
 arrange them in order
 offer a present
your blood & sanity
 (no, your eyes are killing you)
    like your marbles
 searching for the door

No comments:

Post a Comment