Saturday, August 31, 2013

3-Way

1. Picky. You have always been so picky. Pricky. Ha! Prick. No. But you know what I mean, right?
   
beat

 I mean at first I took it as a sign of confidence? You were like a man, but not ashamed of it? But then, it's like a damn disease, an affliction. Like when you started doin my makeup for me, or when I "ruined" your car.

2. You totalled that car, and that was no fucking car, that was the remaining light in my soul. That you destroyed. Without remorse. And you, with 'Look at me! Not a scratch!' Not even a bruise. Unfuckingbelievable. And yes, I know, I'm supposed to be happy, because it was just a thing right? Or relieved, or something.

1. Asshole. I coulda died.

2. But you didn't. And that didn't stop you from gettin in my car did it? Like it's stopped you from doing every single other fucking thing in your life. A heartbeat's all you need to die, sweetie, slow or sudden. Take your pick.

beat.
    
You at least coulda broke your arm or something.

1. A jewel.

2. What?

1. That's what she looked like. That girl you had that thing with...

2. Oh God, this? How. What, what is the point of bringing this...

1. ...say a ruby, which is cliche I know, but her color, 'cause she was always flush--lifting those steel plates. She looked so damn healthy.

3. Well. I just think you two have made some excellent progress.

2. Dang it, come here Fluffy. Come sit by me. We don't ever touch anymore. That's what it is. Foreign bodies.

1. Ha!

2. You like that one? That's not even my best material.

1. Put it on me.

2. I'd like to try you on right about now.

1. Oh, Tiger Baby.

2. Mi Palomita

beat

 Well, hey man, good luck. And listen. I mean, I don't know what I could possibly do for you, but I'm pretty damn resourceful. So call me if you ever need anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment