Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Confession of Dan: An Ode to Fran

Oh Fran, Fran, Franny
I hear sizzle and you shimmy
off that silky piece of nothing you call a
nightie.
I hear a Mexiguatesalvadominican jumble of
Eat me's and Fuck you's and remember
the way they
pricked up like chastised school children when you ran the line.
Ah, hell Franny.
Well into the middle of my campaign for
best vintage Cadillac/coke addiction(critics choice!)
you step down, my running mate.
My recipes were strong enough to endure the split,
my spirit gently declined.
Witness the crumb's descent into gazing Valentina's dark cleavage,
dazzling flecks of cream gravy on Valentino's smooth brown chin.
Reach across the booth into the great
wild tenderness.
Damn, woman.
A proud and lonely heart once stood roost in this busted up cage.
I am not a different man.  I ain't no different from the man you married.
I ain't ever completely believed you
either,
how you got that scar on your back.
Franny, I'm gettin' out. Fifty years is a long time.
I'll end up in the desert, wed to a saguaro.
Take it all.  Consider this legal and binding.
It's just like falling asleep, ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment